No refunds are available for SJA's Online Learning courses.
Available in English.
This course has been developed in partnership with Brock University’s Centre for Sport Capacity and the Sport for Life Society.
Risk Management in Sport defines risk management, explains why effective risk management is necessary, and provides a practical description of the risk management process as it applies to sport organizations.
Who Should Take the Course?
This course should be taken by each member of the sport organization that has designated risk management responsibilities, including the organization’s Risk Management Representative (RMR), club RMRs, team RMRs, and members of the board of directors.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the terms hazard, risk, risk management, reasonable standard of care, and negligence
- Recognize the benefits of effective risk management and know that risk management must be an ongoing process which becomes embedded into the culture of the organization
- Know that each organization, club, and team needs to have a Risk Management Representative (RMR) and be able to identify the responsibilities of an RMR
- Identify and describe each step in the risk management process
- List the general areas of risk for a sport organization
- Describe the policies, procedures and practices which must be implemented within each general area of risk to create a safe environment
- Understand the importance of monitoring and evaluation in ensuring that the risk management process is effective
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
At the end of the course, participants must successfully pass a multiple-choice test to verify their understanding of the information presented. If a participant does not pass, they can review the content and re-test as many times as required to obtain the required score. Test questions are randomly selected
from a test bank, making each testing experience unique.
Upon successful completion of the test, each participant can download/print a Certificate of Completion.