Designed to comply with the CSA Z1210-17 Standard.
This course meets Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) and Workplace First Aid (WFA) standards, but is not recognized by CNESST in the province of Québec.
The Standard First Aid for Industry course is for anyone wishing to work as a Level 1 first aid attendant in BC, anyone wishing to work as an emergency first-aider in Alberta, police, first responders, lifeguards, ski patrollers and caring citizens.
This course meets the requirements for:
- Canada Labour Code (Standard First Aid)
- WorkSafeBC OFA Level 1
- Alberta Human Services OH&S Policy (Standard First Aid)
- Roles and responsibilities
- Adult resuscitation
- Two-rescuer CPR
- Child and infant resuscitation
- Mild choking
- Medical conditions
- Emergency scene management - Trauma
- Severe bleeding and amputation
- Internal bleeding
- Minor wound care
- Sprains and strains
- Secondary surveys
- Chest/abdominal injuries
- Environmental emergencies
- Bone and joint injuries
- Eye injuries
- Rescue carries
- Opioid Poisoning Response using naloxone medication (nasal spray)
- British Columbia
All participants take a written exam at the end of the course.
Book a course
Standard First Aid for Industry (OFA Level 1)
We're sorry, no classroom locations were found based on your search criteria.